According to a recent study from WR Hambrecht, video can increase knowledge retention by up to 60%. Another report from CDW Government says that 72% of university IT staff believe that virtual learning is essential to a 21st-century classroom. And yet, many educational institutions continue to operate in a traditional brick-and-mortar fashion without taking full advantage of the many benefits that video-based learning can offer.
Impartus is committed to helping universities reap the benefits of video-based learning. Today, we announced a number of significant enhancements to our award-winning video learning platform. These new features will provide more powerful security capabilities and make it even easier for our customer base of 30,000 students worldwide to improve their learning experience with video:
- Secure Video player: Impartus now offers session-level protection for heightened security. We have always provided state-of-the art technology to protect the video content of its customers, with permission-based publishing and encrypted access, as well as “always on” physical security at data centers, internet and server firewall data protection, and malware and anti-virus protection. Now, if an unauthorized user attempts to break the encryption key, they will be shut down within 20 minutes or less, depending on the length of the session.
- Adaptive bitrate streaming: Impartus has enhanced the quality of the viewing experience by implementing technology that detects the user’s bandwidth and CPU capacity in real time and adjusts the video quality accordingly. This will provide our customers with the best viewing experience, even at low internet speeds.
- Optical Character Recognition: This improves search capabilities by associating more keywords and metadata with each video.
- More responsive user interface: Works seamlessly with all screen sizes, including tablets and phones, and with all browsers to provide seamless navigation without resizing, panning and scrolling.
- Descriptive analytics: Enables students to rate videos, and instructors to access analytics on student usage, such as who watched what, and when.
Our mission is to provide better learning through video, and we are just beginning to revolutionize the learning experience in higher education. We have already recorded over 100,000 hours of video in more than 500 classrooms, serving more than 30,000 students in prestigious universities worldwide. By enhancing our award-winning video learning platform with these new features, we will be able to further empower instructors to teach, students to learn, and administrators to be more effective. These new features will make it even easier to improve learning outcomes for our higher education audience.
– Alok Choudhary, Co-Founder and Head of Product Development and R&D, Impartus
For free Impartus Demo, Click on Request a Demo button.